Alterra Worldwide Purchases Jefferson Arms Building in St. Louis, Plans $104M Renovation
The $104 million renovation plan includes 240 apartments, a 220-room AC Marriott-branded hotel and commercial space with restaurants, retail and offices.
ST. LOUIS — Alterra Worldwide has purchased the historic Jefferson Arms building located at 401-415 N. Tucker Blvd. in downtown St. Louis. The company has also unveiled a $104 million renovation plan, which includes 240 apartments, a 220-room AC Marriott-branded hotel and commercial space with restaurants, retail and offices. Built in 1904 in anticipation of the first World’s Fair, the 520,000-square-foot Jefferson Arms development is a short walk from the Cardinals’ Busch Stadium, America’s Center Convention Complex, Keiner Plaza and the historic, newly renovated Arch Grounds.
Amenities at the apartments will include a fitness and yoga studio, art room, music room, cinema room, karaoke room, community room, tanning salon and business center. Numerous floor plans will accommodate a variety of needs. The 18,603 square feet of commercial space located on the first floor will feature retail and restaurant space. The three restaurants include a motorcycle-inspired cafe called Motopia Café, a French and Belgian bistro called Mademoiselle Colette Brasserie, as well as George & Eddie’s Diner, serving classic comfort foods such as burgers, milkshakes and homemade pies. Additionally, the existing ballroom will be converted into a creative office space.
Aimbridge Hospitality will operate the hotel and Merriman Anderson Architects will serve as architect. St. Louis-based Kwame Building Group will assist Alterra Worldwide’s construction team.