Ben Franklin, one of our nation’s Founding Fathers, famously said, “Well done is better than well said.” Milwaukee has a long history of ideas that are well said. There is no shortage of opinions and sound ideas on how to attract companies to the city, how to improve the public transportation system and how to get more people to live in the city. [caption id="attachment_173126" align="alignright" width="100"] Regina Levchets, JLL[/caption] But these well-intentioned ideas, more..
Robust population and job growth are fueling a resurgence across all sectors of Nashville’s commercial real estate market, pushing vacancies lower, boosting rental rates and attracting strong interest from investors. With increasing demand for office space in the central business district (CBD), a rush of both in- and out-of-state developers and equity have descended on Nashville to deliver Class A product. That delivery timeline has subsequently pushed the demand for existing space to the..
BLUE BELL, PA. – Keystone Property Group has signed three new leases totaling 66,000 square feet at 5 Sentry Park, a recently renovated two-building office property in Blue Bell. The transactions include a 33,200-square-foot lease with Linde Engineering North America, a 15,700-square-foot lease with Physician Recommended Nutriceuticals (PRN) and a 15,700-square-foot lease with Veterinarian Recommended Solutions (VRS). After acquiring the 133,000-square-foot office property, Keystone completed..
At the close of 2016, over 1.9 million square feet of office space was absorbed in the Raleigh-Durham market and overall vacancy increased by one percentage point from 10 percent to 11 percent. Activity was strong and can partially be attributed to a very active suburban Raleigh submarket that absorbed over 1.1 million square feet. Vacancy in this submarket ended the year at 10 percent, down from a high of 17 percent in 2010. It was also an active construction year for Raleigh-Durham, with..
NEW YORK CITY — A joint venture between GIC and Paramount Group has acquired a 1.6 million-square-foot office tower in New York City for $1 billion. The 47-story tower is located at 60 Wall St. in the Financial District of downtown Manhattan. The property is fully leased. It serves as the U.S. headquarters of Deutsche Bank. GIC, a sovereign wealth fund based in Singapore, has a 95 percent stake in the joint venture, while Paramount Group holds the remaining 5 percent. Paramount managed..
New Orleans may be The Big Easy, but when it comes to understanding this unique Southern city’s commercial real estate marketplace, very little is easy or simple. The numbers, at least, are fairly straightforward. New Orleans currently has around 8.8 million square feet of Class A office space and 1.6 million square feet of Class B. Average rental rates are approximately $19.00 per square foot and $15.50 per square foot for Class A and Class B, respectively, with current occupancy rates at..
The Atlanta office market has continued down a path of steady recovery and absorption, although the pace remains somewhat muted from prior recovery cycles. As outside investors have warmed up to the city of Atlanta, they have been comforted by a safe and positively boring period of growth. For the last couple of years, investors have been committed strongly to value-add opportunities throughout metropolitan Atlanta, including areas that have historically been out of favor like Alpharetta and..
An influx of new workers and residents is expected in the Clayton submarket of St. Louis thanks to more than $630 million in office, residential and mixed-use development that is in the planning stages or currently under way. Health insurer Centene Corp. has announced that it will build a new 16-acre, $450 million campus expansion on the east edge of downtown Clayton at Hanley Road, Forsyth Boulevard and Carondelet Plaza. [caption id="attachment_169360" align="alignright" width="100"] Jim..
LOS ANGELES — Kilroy Realty Corp. has purchased The Sunset, a 179,000-square-foot mixed-use development in the West Hollywood submarket of Los Angeles, for $210 million. The property is located at 8560-8590 Sunset Blvd. on the famous Sunset Strip. The seller, Broadreach Capital Partners, acquired the asset from Apollo Real Estate in 2006 for $105 million. The Sunset occupies 2.2 acres along Sunset Boulevard. It features a 72,000-square-foot office tower and a three-building retail..
PLANO, TEXAS — J.C. Penney (NYSE: JCP) has sold its home office campus and 45 surrounding acres of land in Plano to Dreien Opportunity Partners for $353 million. The 1.8 million-square-foot asset is known as Campus at Legacy West. J.C. Penney plans to lease back approximately 65 percent, or 1.1 million square feet, of the campus, with the remaining space available for new tenants. The building lease expense would be offset by a reduction in maintenance costs, property taxes and interest..