REBusinessOnline

Domain Capital, Simpson Housing Form $1B Joint Venture REIT with PFA Pension

hartley-denver

Hartley Flats, a 165 mid-rise apartment community in Denver, is part of Simpson's multifamily portfolio.

ATLANTA — Domain Capital Advisors and property management firm Simpson Housing have formed a joint venture with PFA Pension, an insurance company headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. PFA acquired a 49 percent equity interest in a 13-asset, Class A multifamily portfolio for an aggregate value of $1.05 billion. Simpson Housing will own the remaining 51 percent, while Domain Capital Advisors will provide oversight and asset management of the newly formed REIT joint venture.

Simpson Housing formerly owned 100 percent of the 3,487-unit portfolio, which is located across multiple urban and suburban U.S. markets including Austin, Charlotte, Denver, Houston, Nashville, Phoenix, Portland and Seattle. The portfolio was 95 percent leased at the time of closing, and features both newly built and refurbished assets that are approximately six years old.

“We are excited about our new relationship with PFA Pension and look forward to growing our relationship with them through further acquisitions,” says Patrick Leardo, executive managing director and chief executive officer of Domain Capital Group. “Our team is also proud to continue its longstanding partnership with Simpson Housing. We have managed equity investments in their portfolio for more than 10 years, while providing asset management and advisory support to our operating partner.”

Simpson Housing will serve as the property manager. Accord Capital Partners LLC served as the exclusive financial advisor for the transaction. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

Domain Capital Advisors is a subsidiary of Atlanta-based private investment management services firm Domain Capital Group.

— Alex Patton

Get more news delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to France Media's e-newsletters. Click here.



Related News

Webinars on Demand


Conferences


Read the Digital Editions

Heartland Recent Issue

Northeast Recent Issue

Southeast Recent Issue

Texas Recent Issue

Western Recent Issue

Shopping Center Business

California Centers

Ancillary Retail

Student Housing Business

Seniors Housing Business

Featured Properties