ECP ACQUIRES 10,895-SQUARE-FOOT HISTORIC LANDMARK
PALO ALTO, CALIF. — Embarcadero Capital Partners (ECP) has acquired 661 Bryant Street in Palo Alto from First Church of Christ, Scientist. ECP plans to renovate the 10,895-square-foot property for high-end office use. Designed by Elmer Grey and constructed in 1916 by Frank & Sons, the property was designated a historic landmark in 1978 (a Class 2 historic structure) by the city of Palo Alto. This transaction marks the first change of ownership since the building was constructed. The transaction value was not disclosed. Patty McGuigan, Dan Skehan and Randy Gabrielson of Cornish & Carey Commercial’s Palo Alto office represented the seller in the transaction. The First Church of Christ, Scientist merged membership with the Second Church of Christ, Scientist in 2006 and holds services at 3045 Cowper St.