REBusinessOnline

Equus Capital Partners Acquires 7.3 MSF Industrial Portfolio in Arizona for $1.1B

Chandler-Technology-Center

Pictured is Chandler Technology Center, one of the properties in Equus Capital Partners' newly acquired industrial portfolio in Arizona.

PHOENIX AND TUCSON, ARIZ. — Philadelphia-based investment firm Equus Capital Partners has acquired a portfolio of 73 industrial properties totaling roughly 7.3 million in the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas. The price was approximately $1.1 billion.

The portfolio comprises 342 individual industrial buildings across 74 different developments. Between the two markets, about 85 percent of the portfolio is located in Phoenix, with the remaining 15 percent in Tucson. The properties had a collective occupancy rate of 98 percent at the time of sale.

The tenant roster encompasses 22 different industries, including traditional industrial uses like e-commerce, logistics and manufacturing. In terms of individual footprints, no tenant occupies more than 1.5 percent (107,300) square feet of the roughly 7.1 million square feet of leased space.

Equus acquired the portfolio through sponsored value-added funds and a consortium of strategic co-investment partners that remain unnamed.

Internal agents Kyle Turner, Christopher Locatell, Robert Butchenhart, Laura Brestelli and Peter Russo oversaw the acquisition for Equus Capital Partners. As part of the deal, Equus is onboarding 26 professionals from the undisclosed seller’s property management team to maintain operation of the portfolio.

“Due to the low market-wide industrial vacancy rates and growing demand, the portfolio is poised to be the beneficiary of continued out-performance through a thoughtful and strategic focus on intense, hands-on asset management,” says Turner, partner and director of investments at Equus.

Equus currently owns and operates approximately 25 million square feet of industrial space across the United States and owns or controls land capable of supporting another 12 million square feet of new industrial development.

—Taylor Williams

 

Content Partners
‣ Bohler
‣ Lee & Associates
‣ Lument
‣ NAI Global
‣ Walker & Dunlop

Webinars on Demand


Conferences


Subscribe to the newsletter

Read the Digital Editions

Midwest Multfiamily & Affordable Housing Business

Western Multfiamily & Affordable Housing Business

Texas Multfiamily & Affordable Housing Business

Southeast Multfiamily & Affordable Housing Business

Heartland Recent Issue

Northeast Recent Issue

Southeast Recent Issue

Texas Recent Issue

Western Recent Issue

Shopping Center Business

California Centers

Student Housing Business

Seniors Housing Business

Featured Properties  

2021 Finance Insight Video Interviews