EAST FARMINGDALE, N.Y. — Farmingdale State College has re-opened Conklin Hall after completing a $12 million redevelopment and renovation of the building. Stalco Construction and BRB Architects transformed the two-story, 19,701-square-foot building — which was originally built as a power plant in 1914 — into a student center. The 11,115-square-foot lower level features a newspaper room, a yearbook room, a student lounge, student club offices and four private offices, while the 8,586-square-foot main level features student government offices, private offices, workstations, a common area and a reception area. The project team included Cameron Engineering & Associates, Hage Engineering, Lakhani & Jordan Engineers, and landscape architects Todd Rader and Amy Crews.
Farmingdale State College Completes $12M Renovation of Conklin Hall Student Center