Howard CDM, SteelCraft Break Ground on Outdoor Urban Eatery in Bellflower, California
BELLFLOWER, CALIF. — Developer Howard CDM, along with SteelCraft founder Kimberly Gros and Bellflower Mayor Ray Bunton, has broken ground on SteelCraft Bellflower, an outdoor urban eatery located at 16500 Bellflower Blvd. in Bellflower.
Comprised of repurposed shipping containers, SteelCraft Bellflower will feature 12,500 square feet, totaling 14 shipping containers and approximately 400 seats. Studio One Eleven and Turpin Design Group are serving as architect and kitchen designer, respectively, for the project.
When completed in this fall, the development will bring nine new businesses to the downtown area: five food offerings, craft beer, wine, coffee and dessert. The coffee and dessert operators will be open to the street to accommodate street traffic, as well as SteelCraft Bellflower patrons.
The current tenant roster includes:
- Ten Mile Brewing – A pet- and kid-friendly space opening its satellite taproom at SteelCraft Bellflower.
- Solid Coffee Roasters – The Artesia, Calif.-based company roasts its own beans in-house for fresh pour-overs and Nitro Cold Brews.
- Cassidy’s Corner – The bakery will serve freshly baked bagels, bagel bites, sandwiches, fresh-pressed juices and acai bowls all day.
- The Standing Room – Lowell Bakke’s restaurant, which earned him a cult following, will open its third location at SteelCraft Bellflower.
- Pholanthropy – The Vietnamese restaurant serves craft Vietnamese noodle soups and sandwiches with a percentage of all proceeds going to charity.
- Fritzi Coop – The restaurant serves brined chicken fried or grilled as sandwiches, wings, bites or salads served with curly fries, tater tots, crispy Brussel sprouts, sweet curried carrots and Southern-style coleslaw.
- Long Beach Creamery – The ice creamery creates small batch ice cream and ice cream desserts in a variety of flavors, including beer floats, burnt caramel, cashew fennel chip, whiskey vanilla and key lime pie.