REBusinessOnline

IRA Capital Acquires Live Nation Headquarters Building in Beverly Hills for $153M

The-Post-Beverly-Hills

The Post, an office complex in Beverly Hills that houses the headquarters space of Live Nation Entertainment, totals 102,500 square feet.

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIF. — IRA Capital, a private equity firm based in Southern California, has acquired The Post, an office complex in Beverly Hills, for $153 million. The seller was not disclosed.

The 102,500-square-foot property serves as the headquarters of promotion and ticketing company Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV), which occupies 92 percent (94,300 square feet) of the space. The U.S. Postal Service occupies the other 8 percent (8,200 square feet) of the four-story building.

The Post underwent a $44 million capital improvement program in 2019 to reposition the building to attract more creative office users. The project incorporated an open-floor workspace that features 22-foot ceilings, an open stairway and outdoor patio spaces.

“The property’s irreplaceable location and thriving tenant align with IRA’s investment thesis of pursuing best-in-class properties,” says Samir Patel, IRA Capital’s co-founder. “Despite the impact of COVID-19 on the live entertainment sector, the industry is now experiencing record-setting volumes.”

The stock price of Live Nation, which employs more than 44,000 people worldwide, opened at $100.80 per share on Monday, Oct. 18, up nearly 100 percent from $54.59 per share a year ago.

IRA Capital, which expects to exceed $1 billion of commercial acquisitions by the end of the year, recently sold a 29-property healthcare portfolio to Nuveen Real Estate for $620.4 million. The company remains active in the entertainment space via its partnership with Lantern Entertainment, an independent film studio based in Dallas.

— Taylor Williams

Content Partners
‣ Bohler
‣ Lee & Associates
‣ Lument
‣ NAI Global
‣ Walker & Dunlop

Subscribe to the newsletter
Conferences


Webinars on Demand


Read the Digital Editions

Northeast Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business

Midwest Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business

Western Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business

Texas Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business

Southeast Multifamily & Affordable Housing Business

Heartland Real Estate Business

Northeast Real Estate Business

Southeast Real Estate Business

Texas Real Estate Business

Western Real Estate Business

Shopping Center Business

California Centers

Student Housing Business

Seniors Housing Business

Featured Properties