Webinar: California Retail Reboot
On May 21, Shopping Center Business, Western Real Estate Business and California Centers magazines hosted “California Retail Reboot: How Will California’s Retail and Restaurant Sector Recover Post-Coronavirus?” Experts from California’s retail sector gathered toof California retail and how to ensure the success of tenants and their properties.
Topics discussed include the following:
- How will California retailers, restaurants and developers adapt?
- How will landlords and retail property owners support tenants and customers?
- What do brokers and investors need to know about the retail landscape and changes due to COVID-19?
- Jonathan Lorenzen of Allen Matkins (moderator)
- Kyle Kavanaugh of Main + Main
- Howard Samuels of Samuels & Company
- Matthew Berger of Brixmor Property Group
- Jeff Kreshek of Federal Realty Investment Trust
- Philip D. Voorhees of CBRE
Allen Matkins is a California-based law firm with more than 200 attorneys in four major metropolitan areas of California: Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego and San Francisco. The firm’s areas of focus include real estate, construction, land use, environmental and natural resources; corporate and securities, real estate and commercial finance, bankruptcy, restructurings and creditors’ rights, joint ventures and tax; labor, employment; and trials, litigation, risk management and alternative dispute resolution in all of these areas.
Brixmor is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns and operates a high-quality, national portfolio of open-air shopping centers. Its 400+ retail centers comprise approximately 73 million square feet of prime retail space in established trade areas.
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.